Dang. I hate to hear that. When will they be shutting down?
looks like the Poor Farm is closing. I really hate this, they had the best BBQ sandwich I've ever had.
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]
Dang. I hate to hear that. When will they be shutting down?
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Last time I was in there (two weeks ago) they were just cutting hours from 11-3 M-F because they weren't getting enough business. I hate to hear that. One problem was the bar area they had you couldn't smoke. They should have just cut half the building and made it a bar and you could order food too and the rest more of the family atmosphere for the dining and I think that would have been OK.
Plus I also heard a lot of complaining as far as steep prices, but for the portions you couldn't beat it. Anyway, I hate to hear this but they should have cut back on prices and portions and I think they would have been OK.
[IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]
Last Friday, Feb. 7th was their last day, I hadn't it too. They had the best baked potato soup ever!
crap I didnt know they had a bar.
GO VOLS
You could actually get beer other than normal stuff they sell everywhere.
Nothing but the process is infinite
Eternal, endless, indefinite
Dangit! I loved the Double Dog Dare. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
This does blow man..
I dont get it thought, I always saw people in there.
Nothing but the process is infinite
Eternal, endless, indefinite
May be the location,may be the prices (ala Bonterra's)? I saw a good crowd each time I went. It is hard to survive with a limited menu in SWVA though. I didn't think the price was as bad as folks let on. I'll pay a bit more if the food is worth it.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
Poor portion control will do in a restaurant more quickly than anything.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
Bookmarks